Friday 16 February 2018

power supply - 12v / 70amp into 3v Conversion


I have a battery 12v / 70amp & i want to convert into 3v for small led light. Is this circuit is suitable for my voltage requirement ?


enter image description here


Please Suggest me Suitable Circuit which is fullfill my requirement.


Thank You..



Answer



You don't need the complication of a linear regulator; just use a resistor. The LED will take (say) 50mA at 3V - that's an equivalent resistance of 60 ohms. Make a potential divider with a 2nd resistor up to 12V. That 2nd resistor will drop 9V at 50mA i.e. it will be a 180 ohm, 0.5 to 1 watt resistor.


Ratio up or down the resistor value with current actually needed and check the power dissipation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...