Thursday 21 December 2017

bjt - Why transistor is non-linear in Cutoff & Saturation mode?


I am imagining Linearity in the sense that


F(ax+by)=aF(x) + bF(y)


Now suppose I have BJT characteristic curve : enter image description here


In Active region, The response is : Ic = F(Vce) = const. So it is linear.
In Cut off region, Response is : Ic = F(Vce) = 0.
- No matter how large the increase in Vce, Ic is still zero. It is Similar to Air gap. So it should be linear as well.
In Saturation region, Response is : Ic = const * Vce. With const being the slope of the curve. In reasonable Vce, I see this slope is of a straight line (not of a power function). So it is also linear in this region.


What was wrong in the above argument that I applied to BJT ?


Edit: Actually , function : y = b is non-linear map




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...