Saturday 16 December 2017

analog - What's the best phone cable for DSL?



I want to know what cable I should be using to connect my demarc to my DSL modem. When I plug in my DSL modem in the utility room (which is about 20' of wire from the demarc) I get a pathetic 4Mbps download rate (I'm told the telco's hardware is very old in my neighbourhood). When I test the modem by plugging it directly into the demarc, it jumps to 6Mbps. I want to connect my modem closer to the demarc (but I can't plug it into the demarc, because it's outside) and maybe use a different cable, but what kind of cable should I use? I heard in one place that CAT-5 is better than phone cable, but I've also heard there wouldn't be an improvement.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...