Wednesday 25 June 2014

cables - I2C Capacitance


I'm using an I2C interface for my e-compass and controller. The capacitance of the e-compass I2C pin is 20pF, and that of the I2C controller is approximately 40pF.


But the problem is: I want to use a 100cm long wire, but don't know how to measure wire capacitance, and there is a PMDC motor which injects noise into the line.


The question is how to ensure my I2C capacitance is not exceeded, and what I2C buffer I need to use (any specfic IC?).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...