Saturday 21 June 2014

Automotive power filtering, protection - feedback needed


I'm working on GPS tracker for automotive applications. Device should work in 9V-30V supply voltage range. In practice it will be fed from 12V car installation. This enforces the implementation of some protection/filtering circuit at the power input.


After reading some threads on load dumps, voltage transients, reversed polarity connection I feel a little confused. I'm not sure that design I came up with would stand against those hazards.


I'm also wondering if this could be done with less part count. I'm stuck with fuse selection as well. Should I use glass or PTC in this case.


I would appreciate any feedback on the following circuit. enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...