Saturday 14 June 2014

capacitor - How does this timer circuit work?


Circuit


I am stumped on how this circuit works. I am quite new to electronics but I know the basics of capacitors, transistors, ohm's law .etc, but I have no clue why when the switch(S1) is switched on the LED(D1) goes out for a short while then lights back up again.


I have made this circuit myself with a breadboard and when I increase the size of the capacitor the LED takes longer to come back on, which makes me wonder why the capacitors aren't filling when the switch (S1) isn't set to on.


I appreciate any help with this, but could you please keep in mind when you answer this that I am still very new to this. Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...