Thursday 19 December 2019

voltage - Full Bridge VSI problem


enter image description here


The above problem was asked in GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engg) 2015 in India. I have no idea where to start so I can't show my attempt. But through google, I got solution by 2 different coaching institutes



First one - 56.72 enter image description here


Second one - 49.5 enter image description here


enter image description here


IIT(Indian Institute of Technology), the governing body of exam says that the answer will be in the range 60-64V


Please help me with the problem, as similar problems will be asked in the exam.



Answer



Both the solutions are crap !!


VR = 0.7 * VDC = 0.7 * 100 = 70V ........Case of full bridge inverter


where VR is peak value of fundamental component


Vo = VR * [(-JXc||R)/(-jXc||R + jXl)] .......Voltage divider



On solving we get peak of fundamental component of Vo = 62.76V


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...