Monday 30 December 2019

A question about using ferrite chokes in a data-acquisition system


I'm planning to buy [this flat ferrite choke][1] for ribbon cable to suppress suspected EMI on a data acquisition's multiplexer.


I have no experience on signal integrity. Bu the system setup is basically like this(On the right side the system is single-ended earth grounded):


Instead of adding chokes to each BNC I thought it would be easier to use just one flat core for the ribbon cable since it conveys the signals to ADC insdie the PC.


Which would be a better option? To apply chokes to each BNC cables or to use one flat ferrite core around the ribbon cable? I also couldnt find any passive chokes for 50 Ohm coaxial BNC cables in the market until now, neither info how to install them.



I'm having random glitches sometimes. By random I mean 2 or 3 times in 30 minutes acquisition. And this is not every time. By glitch I mean at some point suddenly all the channels are affected. So it is almost impossible to observe this by scope because I don't know when the noise will hit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...