Tuesday 3 December 2019

serial - Problem connecting UART Wifi Module to PC


As refereed to my old question ( Connect UART WiFi module to PC ) which has been solved that days, I have a UART Wifi module ( this one ) and unfortunately I have problem again ! The point is, this time I can't remember what's the last configuration of this module.


What I did this time:


1. Connect Power Source: Connect modules VCC and GND to 3.3V external power source.



2. Connect USB to Serial ( with TTL Logic ): Connect module's RX to my converter's TX and TX to RX. (in 3.3V mode, you can see the image of my converter in the end of this question and also Before I connect it, I tested it and it works pretty well with my other circuits. ). I didn't connect converter's ground to module's ground


3. Install terminal program: Install Download and Install Eltima Software's Advanced Serial Port Terminal which I tested this module with it before and it works well.


4. Power up the module and send 3 pluses "+++" after 2 seconds: I power up the module and send +++ with all possible baud rates as a string (or text file) with Eltima, but I don't get the "+OK" as response from the module.



1- I tried connecting converter's and module's grounds together and tried again with all possible baud rates but nothing happened.


2- I tried 5v mode of my converter but no luck !


3- I tried connecting nReset and nCTS/MODE/GPIO pins to ground for a while and some other blind attempts but no wish...


BTW, when I start my module one of the lights is blinking and the other is just not blinking but is on.


I think I missed something funny here but I don't know what it is. Please help me find a solution to get this module work. I really messed up with it again!


What can I do to get "+OK" from my module after sending "+++" after 2 seconds as a text file ?



schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


This is my USB-TTL converter This is my WiFi module




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...