Monday 17 December 2018

voltage regulator - Isolating power for an infrared receiver


I am using this IR receiver in a circuit, and I have noticed that sometimes the unit generates an oscillating output when it is not being activated by a remote - I am guessing that this is due to the USB power supply.



I have seen other threads talking about 'filtering' the power supply with a cap and a resistor - however, could somebody explain how they come about calculating what size cap and resistor are required - and how they actually achieve the 'ripple filtering' effect?


For examples sake, my IR receiver is powered by 5v, directly from a netduino - and generates output pulses (when activated by infrared) in the 0.5-4.5ms range (see image: I dont know if that information is required, but there it is).


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...