Monday 24 December 2018

h bridge - Arduino loses usb connection


When I connect the 5v power supply of my arduino to my h-bridge the usb connection is dropped and the on LED dims. What is causing this?



Answer



Your motor tries to draw to much current from the USB through the H-bridge. The USB can only provide 100 mA and your motor must be rated for more than that.


The safest option is to connect your H-bridge/motor from a separate power supply. As Wouter says, you should provide more information about your Arduino, the H-bridge and the motor you're trying to control, otherwise there's no way of telling what would work and what wouldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...