Tuesday 18 December 2018

ac - Can I control a load of 12v DC with a solid state relay 24-380VAC?


I need to control a load of 12v DC and 30A, Can I control the load with an AC solid-state-relay 24-380v and 40A? If it isn't possible, what should I use? Thanks.



Answer



No you can't.


enter image description here


Figure 1. The SSR-40 DA.




I need to control a load of 12v DC and 30A ...



The device clearly shows that:



  1. The output (pins 1 and 2) are AC. It can not switch DC.

  2. The output will switch 24 V to 380 V AC. Even if it could handle DC your voltage is too low.



If it isn't possible, what should I use?




A relay or a DC SSR with voltage and current ratings to suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...