Thursday 21 August 2014

Using a 12V lighted toggle switch with an Arduino



I would like to connect a 12V lighted toggle switch to an Arduino and be able to read its state (replacing the momentary button in this tutorial with this switch). But the Arduino has only 5V power supply. Can I connect the 12V switch to the 5V power supply?


Update:


There are just three contacts on this particular switch. The contacts are labeled source, ACC (presumably accessory) and ground. When you close the switch, it connects source to ACC and also connects source through the lamp to ground. There is just a single power source in the circuit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...