Thursday 28 August 2014

memory - Serial NOR Flash - Vague


What are the structural differences between Serial NOR Flash and Parallel NOR Flash? If there is a structural difference , then What are the differences between Serial NOR Flash and Serial NAND Flash? I can't seem to get the resource for this particular question from Googling



Answer



Serial flash uses serial bus to write and read the data from the device. Popular serial buses include I2C and SPI. Serial signaling involves address, data and control signals on 2-3 wires.


Parallel flash uses parallel 8 Bit I/O or Bus to write and read the data from the device. Parallel signals needed are Data bus (usually 8 bit), address bus (depends on device density) and control bus (en, oe).



I could have added more details but the question is too generic, hence generic answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...