Friday 22 August 2014

Level shift 0/5V to -10V/+10V


Can anyone show me a simple circuit to shift a 0V/5V square wave (low freq, under 10Hz) to a square wave -10V (when was 0) to +10V (when was +5V). Can it be done with some transistor or do I need an opamp?




Answer



Rather than an op amp, a comparator is a good fit for this. In the following circuit, anything below about 2.5V on the input will give a -10V output, anything above will give +10V. The output of the LM393 is open collector, which makes things simpler than needing a rail to rail op amp.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


(I made a mistake in the original with the potential divider values. I've updated the schematic)


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...