Friday 8 August 2014

accelerometer - How do I find source of vibration from a mechanical source outside of my home?


My problem is vibration from a mechanical source outside of my home. I think I have found the source (machinery at a legal marijuana grow op) and need to prove it to get an injunction at court.


I don't know if there is direct mechanical transmission (1 - 80 Hz) or if ground or air noise is causing my house to resonate (4 - 8 Hz). So I'm looking for a tool, probably an oscilloscope, to use with an industrial accelerometer to find direction to source. I'm also looking for a spectrum analyser to use with an infrasonic microscope to detect infrasonic noise and get a frequency signature.


How do I select a DSO/SA that has frequency response from 0 - 80 hz? My budget is very limited, as this is just a one time use.


If anyone has a better idea let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...