Wednesday 23 January 2019

pcb - Missing components in Eagle Library


I am missing libraries of certain ICs for use in Eagle. Can someone guide me to a source where I can find these IC libraries? I am asking this question to find out if there is any central repository where I can find most/all of the IC libraries.


Additional Information (if required):



  1. Currently missing ICs are AD8318, ADL5542, and TLV3501

  2. I am using Eagle v5.6.0 for Windows



Answer



I would recommend, that you learn how you create your parts on your own. For me it is often faster than searching for a missing part. When you would find the part on the net you should check it for correct pin out, size, etc.


Here is a tutorial I found quite useful.



However there are some places where you can find libraries:





Let me add a note about creating your own part:

When your part is in a common package format, you should take a look at the ref-packages.lbr library. It contains various standard package formats, so you dont have to create these on your own. Just copy the needed package in your own library and create the rest according to the tutorials you will find on the net.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...