Tuesday 29 January 2019

frequency - Maximum reliable speed of GPIO pin given only capacitance and no resistance


I looked up information about my microcontroller AT89S52 and I can't seem to figure out the maximum speed I can operate a GPIO pin at.


I'm running it with a 22.1184Mhz clock, and I notice sometimes when I modify a port value, it won't update right away without adding several NOP statements but I don't want to guess. I want to know values so I can adjust code.


This is information from the datasheet I got:


datasheet


It lists the pin capacitance, but I see nothing about the pin resistance. How do I calculate the resistance here? or is there another way to calculate the maximum reliable pin processing speed?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...