Sunday 26 January 2014

rf - What is the difference between electromagnetism and electromagnetic radiation?


In a previous question, I asked if having 2 coils of wire with electricity flowing from one to the other is RF, and they replied that it was not Radio Frequency. I was puzzled because I thought this was wireless transmission of a changing magnetic field, which thus was RF.


I thought the rate of the AC current oscillation was the frequency of the RF (so a 60 hertz AC input I thought would give me a 60 hertz RF signal). Well, I was told NOT.


I would like to know the difference between electromagnetic radiation and just a plain, changing electromagnetic field.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...