Wednesday 29 January 2014

LTSpice SEPIC simulation current spikes


I am designing a SEPIC power supply using the LT3758. I have simulated the circuit in LTSpice and all the waveforms are as expected except the L1 current. Here I see massive overshoots when the MOSFET switches on (eg normal current is about 3A pk-pk and overshoot goes up to over 20A). The spike is extremely narrow (< 1nS).


I am new to LTSpice, so might be missing something obvious.


Is this spike real or a simulator aboration? What could be causing it and what can I do about it?



Overshoot


SEPIC schematic


Input +28V, Output +40V 1A.


[Edit] I have posted a follow on question here LTSpice SEPIC design low freq ringing




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI&#39;s cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...